Monday, March 20, 2006

New "Ticket-style" Blog Header

There it is, my new "ticket-style" header. I did it yesterday, and like most of my work, its 100% illustrator CS vectors. The splat took some figuring out to get it to land exactly under the dripping brush. It is intended to pull the viewer's eye down to the posting.
By the way, in case any PC users are wondering about the mouse, it a Macintosh mouse, and MACs only have one click button. (I do like the extra button on the PC however--its nice to just move a finger instead of using the other hand on a key then click)
Anyway, I'm quite happy with my new header, what do you think of it?
Or, comment me if you want to know any details about the illustrator tools & techniques I used. Some of the simplist elements can give a nice effect, like the perforation holes around the ticket are just two dotted lines, a black one for shadow and a white, which I offset and placed on top of the black dotted line for the perf holes. (To make a nice round dotted line, you have to modify the dashed line menu info, a bit tricky at first, but I can help if needed.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home