Sunday, March 12, 2006

Tattoo (Illustration Friday)


Here's this weeks IF.
Some ideas I had while coming up with this illo were:

  • the stereotyped "MOM" in a scroll over a red heart
  • two people stand close together and their tattoos appeared to interact, through expression or content
  • biceps emblazoned with a "comic book" "POW!"
  • I had plenty of thoughts/ideas for tattoo images, but always kept coming back to the thought of exotic, so this is my offering --butterfly on the shoulder.

After doing this one, I thought, I could have skipped the last IF and combined it with this one. (butterfly)

Incidentally, if anyone wants to use my first ideas... when done, comment me, I'd love to see them worked up.

NOTES:
This illo was completely done in Adobe Illustrator CS, and made extensive use of Transparency and feathering, I made custom brushes for the hair, the spheres are half circles rotated 360 degrees in 3D and the lens flare was done with the flare tool.
As always, if anyone would like further info on this illo, comment me.


11 Comments:

Blogger Lou said...

I like this one. It's simple and elegant.

Great job!

12/3/06 5:15 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Beautiful illo!!!

12/3/06 9:39 PM  
Blogger JAN said...

divine

13/3/06 5:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

beautiful, simple, and i especially like how you have done the highlights on her skin. i also, like your idea of the two individuals standing together with their tattoos interacting. but then, this could take on a "dude where is my car" type of interaction. :) however, if i could take your idea a step further for a moment--i like the idea of the 2 tattoos possibly merging together...two separate images but when merged together they would take on a completely different shape. i don't know, but i thought this might be something worth exploring.

p.s. to answer your question about word verification; just go under the blogger "change settings" and click "enable word verification" and that should solve your problem of pesty spammers. :)

13/3/06 9:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

lovely painting!

13/3/06 1:41 PM  
Blogger The Unknown said...

Ooo... sexy.
love

14/3/06 12:22 AM  
Blogger Jay Montgomery said...

Wonderful mastery of Illustrator. I like how you did the hair simplification.

14/3/06 1:27 AM  
Blogger KingCam said...

This is a great piece i really like the background image along with the small almost delicate tattoo. Its almost as if the woman is dreaming, great job on this one.

14/3/06 8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is so thoughtful.
Butterfly suits for her.

15/3/06 6:50 AM  
Blogger Jaimie said...

Lovely work. I have both Illustrator and Photoshop and have yet to teach myself how to make art with them, so I continue to toil away the old fashioned way. And I even have a wacom tablet! note to self, get with it.

16/3/06 3:01 PM  
Blogger Twisselman said...

Masterful Illustrator work. And a very tasteful tattoo, too. Makes me want to reconsider my negativity toward tattoos. Very effective piece.

17/3/06 12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home